HomeThe Hub PortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 
 

 Do You Use Walkthroughs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aston_Martin_DB9
Next-Gen
Next-Gen


Number of posts : 1875
Age : 28
Location : Ireland
PSN Username : Aston_Martin_DB9
Epicness : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:14 pm

I still have to learn how to do polls so I'll just ask everyone for now.

Do you think it's right to use a walkthrough to clear the main story of a game or do you get a bigger sense of accomplishment if you clear it yourself?

For example, lots of people get stuck in the Monkey Island games and it seems that the ones that take the time to figure out the puzzle tend to be happier than the ones who did none of it themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkrules08
Chuck Norris's Son
Chuck Norris's Son


Number of posts : 3402
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania, United States
Wii FC : 6832-1748-1366-9350
XBL Gamertag : iponemidgets42
Brawl FC : 3050-7260-4784
Epicness : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:15 pm

Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
I still have to learn how to do polls so I'll just ask everyone for now.

Do you think it's right to use a walkthrough to clear the main story of a game or do you get a bigger sense of accomplishment if you clear it yourself?

For example, lots of people get stuck in the Monkey Island games and it seems that the ones that take the time to figure out the puzzle tend to be happier than the ones who did none of it themselves.
I don't use a walkthrough until I get stuck at one area for more than 5 minutes.

____________________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/pitpenguins87
Aston_Martin_DB9
Next-Gen
Next-Gen


Number of posts : 1875
Age : 28
Location : Ireland
PSN Username : Aston_Martin_DB9
Epicness : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:17 pm

I was stuck in Full Throttle once for 5 hours and I didn't use a walkthrough. I wasn't sitting in front of the screen for 5 hours though, I thought about it as I went out to do other things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koluigi
Animal Crossing Boy
Animal Crossing Boy


Number of posts : 3942
Age : 23
Location : in another castle, florida
Epicness : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:18 pm

i use to but now games arnt tactical anymore they dont make me work -.-.

____________________________
epic fail-if your going to f**k up anyway you might as well f**k it up in such a way that it leaves people wondering how in the f**k did you do that!

Raptr Forum Signature
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aston_Martin_DB9
Next-Gen
Next-Gen


Number of posts : 1875
Age : 28
Location : Ireland
PSN Username : Aston_Martin_DB9
Epicness : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:20 pm

These days games are too easy. Remeber Mario 3 on the NES? Impossible last levels. Bombs flying everywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koluigi
Animal Crossing Boy
Animal Crossing Boy


Number of posts : 3942
Age : 23
Location : in another castle, florida
Epicness : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
These days games are too easy. Remeber Mario 3 on the NES? Impossible last levels. Bombs flying everywhere.
never played it.but nintendo games made me world especially legend of zelda sometimes for sidequests

____________________________
epic fail-if your going to f**k up anyway you might as well f**k it up in such a way that it leaves people wondering how in the f**k did you do that!

Raptr Forum Signature
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aston_Martin_DB9
Next-Gen
Next-Gen


Number of posts : 1875
Age : 28
Location : Ireland
PSN Username : Aston_Martin_DB9
Epicness : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:23 pm

There was no walkthroughs back then, I loved NES games and I can play any NES game I want at any time. Not including the fact that I still have my NES with 100+ games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koluigi
Animal Crossing Boy
Animal Crossing Boy


Number of posts : 3942
Age : 23
Location : in another castle, florida
Epicness : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
There was no walkthroughs back then, I loved NES games and I can play any NES game I want at any time. Not including the fact that I still have my NES with 100+ games.
o i thought you meant virtual console lol

____________________________
epic fail-if your going to f**k up anyway you might as well f**k it up in such a way that it leaves people wondering how in the f**k did you do that!

Raptr Forum Signature
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aston_Martin_DB9
Next-Gen
Next-Gen


Number of posts : 1875
Age : 28
Location : Ireland
PSN Username : Aston_Martin_DB9
Epicness : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:28 pm

koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
There was no walkthroughs back then, I loved NES games and I can play any NES game I want at any time. Not including the fact that I still have my NES with 100+ games.
o i thought you meant virtual console lol

Virtual Consoles? As in virtual Reality. I knew only one person who had one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koluigi
Animal Crossing Boy
Animal Crossing Boy


Number of posts : 3942
Age : 23
Location : in another castle, florida
Epicness : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
There was no walkthroughs back then, I loved NES games and I can play any NES game I want at any time. Not including the fact that I still have my NES with 100+ games.
o i thought you meant virtual console lol

Virtual Consoles? As in virtual Reality. I knew only one person who had one.
no i mean virtual conselor and wiiware.i had a virtual reality game.it was a shooter it was awesome and weird and scary at the same time

____________________________
epic fail-if your going to f**k up anyway you might as well f**k it up in such a way that it leaves people wondering how in the f**k did you do that!

Raptr Forum Signature
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aston_Martin_DB9
Next-Gen
Next-Gen


Number of posts : 1875
Age : 28
Location : Ireland
PSN Username : Aston_Martin_DB9
Epicness : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:32 pm

koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
There was no walkthroughs back then, I loved NES games and I can play any NES game I want at any time. Not including the fact that I still have my NES with 100+ games.
o i thought you meant virtual console lol

Virtual Consoles? As in virtual Reality. I knew only one person who had one.
no i mean virtual conselor and wiiware.i had a virtual reality game.it was a shooter it was awesome and weird and scary at the same time

Oh I get you now. Those VR ones used to cause epileptic fits and everything. That's because they came out in the early 90's.

Have you ever played any of the Lucas Arts games?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koluigi
Animal Crossing Boy
Animal Crossing Boy


Number of posts : 3942
Age : 23
Location : in another castle, florida
Epicness : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:06 pm

Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
There was no walkthroughs back then, I loved NES games and I can play any NES game I want at any time. Not including the fact that I still have my NES with 100+ games.
o i thought you meant virtual console lol

Virtual Consoles? As in virtual Reality. I knew only one person who had one.
no i mean virtual conselor and wiiware.i had a virtual reality game.it was a shooter it was awesome and weird and scary at the same time

Oh I get you now. Those VR ones used to cause epileptic fits and everything. That's because they came out in the early 90's.

Have you ever played any of the Lucas Arts games?
i think so give me a name of a game

____________________________
epic fail-if your going to f**k up anyway you might as well f**k it up in such a way that it leaves people wondering how in the f**k did you do that!

Raptr Forum Signature
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slayer9498
Slayerterrific


Number of posts : 3104
Age : 22
Location : Kincheloe MI
XBL Gamertag : ww2axiis
PSN Username : ww2axis
Brawl FC : 017332560697
Epicness : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:35 pm

i never use walkthroughs..
and by the way, im still working on the cod4 one, but havent had a lot of time latey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koluigi
Animal Crossing Boy
Animal Crossing Boy


Number of posts : 3942
Age : 23
Location : in another castle, florida
Epicness : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Slayer9498 wrote:
i never use walkthroughs..
and by the way, im still working on the cod4 one, but havent had a lot of time latey
no one has time these days and unless we have like walkthroughs of lots of game its not going to work

____________________________
epic fail-if your going to f**k up anyway you might as well f**k it up in such a way that it leaves people wondering how in the f**k did you do that!

Raptr Forum Signature
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link3618
Prestigeouse


Number of posts : 8484
Epicness : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:46 am

Linkrules08 wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
I still have to learn how to do polls so I'll just ask everyone for now.

Do you think it's right to use a walkthrough to clear the main story of a game or do you get a bigger sense of accomplishment if you clear it yourself?

For example, lots of people get stuck in the Monkey Island games and it seems that the ones that take the time to figure out the puzzle tend to be happier than the ones who did none of it themselves.
I don't use a walkthrough until I get stuck at one area for more than 5 minutes.

Indeed

____________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DjBeep
Wii
Wii


Number of posts : 967
Age : 21
Location : San Diego
XBL Gamertag : DjBeep
PSN Username : DjBeep
Epicness : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:20 pm

i dont use walkthroughs
they cost money or takes my time looking on google 4 a walkthrough even when i can figure it out myself lol thats if its not a strategy game lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Revan67
007
007


Number of posts : 1252
Age : 21
Location : Valley, CA
XBL Gamertag : Lord Revan71
Epicness : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:51 pm

I only use a walkthrough after the first playthrough, or if I get seriously stuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aston_Martin_DB9
Next-Gen
Next-Gen


Number of posts : 1875
Age : 28
Location : Ireland
PSN Username : Aston_Martin_DB9
Epicness : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:57 pm

koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
koluigi wrote:
Aston_Martin_DB9 wrote:
There was no walkthroughs back then, I loved NES games and I can play any NES game I want at any time. Not including the fact that I still have my NES with 100+ games.
o i thought you meant virtual console lol

Virtual Consoles? As in virtual Reality. I knew only one person who had one.
no i mean virtual conselor and wiiware.i had a virtual reality game.it was a shooter it was awesome and weird and scary at the same time

Oh I get you now. Those VR ones used to cause epileptic fits and everything. That's because they came out in the early 90's.

Have you ever played any of the Lucas Arts games?
i think so give me a name of a game

Monkey Island 1,2,3 & 4. Best games of their genre. Full Throttle and I think The Grim Fundango. Just to name but a few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aston_Martin_DB9
Next-Gen
Next-Gen


Number of posts : 1875
Age : 28
Location : Ireland
PSN Username : Aston_Martin_DB9
Epicness : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:02 pm

koluigi wrote:
Slayer9498 wrote:
i never use walkthroughs..
and by the way, im still working on the cod4 one, but havent had a lot of time latey
no one has time these days and unless we have like walkthroughs of lots of game its not going to work

I'll try not to post 4 times in a row so I'll wait until someone replies before I quote and answer the other posts.

You're right Koluigi it won't work unless we have many done. But we have loads of time to implement this idea. All I need to know from one of the Admins is if they will definately do it eventually, then I'll start drafting loads of walkthroughs.

Admins, will you consider making a walkthrough section as a long term goal for this site or will I forget about making walkthroughs? (This is not a demand).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slayer9498
Slayerterrific


Number of posts : 3104
Age : 22
Location : Kincheloe MI
XBL Gamertag : ww2axiis
PSN Username : ww2axis
Brawl FC : 017332560697
Epicness : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:39 pm

koluigi wrote:
Slayer9498 wrote:
i never use walkthroughs..
and by the way, im still working on the cod4 one, but havent had a lot of time latey
no one has time these days and unless we have like walkthroughs of lots of game its not going to work
the only raeson i didnt have time, was because i was at my dads, so didnt play ps3 this weekend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Do You Use Walkthroughs?   Today at 7:48 am

Back to top Go down
 
Do You Use Walkthroughs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Jhen Mohran Tutorials/Walkthroughs
» Destiny Crucible (PvP) beta map walkthroughs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Game Central :: General Video Game Talk-
Jump to: